- A Clean Source: Because the sun provides more energy than we will ever need, no greenhouse gas emissions are released into the atmosphere when you use solar panels to create electricity.
- Solar Modules: They contain solar cells also known as photovoltaic cells, made of semiconductors(such as silicon) that convert sunlight into electricity.
- No Fuel to Burn: Solar power can create large amounts of electricity without the uncertainty and expense of creating a power supply. Therefore, fuel is not required.
- Solar panels have a very long lifespan.
- Solar Panels do not need direct sunlight to Work: Even though maximum efficiency is reached when the sun is shining, electricity is still produced on cloudy days and winter. On the other hand, no electricity can be produced at night but a storage system can solve this problem.
- The technology is Versatile: Solar panels can be used on any type of building, road, bridge, spacecraft and satellites.
- Battery storage allows solar electricity to be used when there is no sunlight. It comes in multiple types including lead-acid, lithium-ion and even saltwater. Solar panels combined with batteries enables homes to become “off-grid” and rely purely on the sun to provide electricity.
Written by: Eniola Apesinola