To quality for the Sunhive free solar (rent-your-roof) scheme, the following requirements need to be met.
You need to be the freehold owner(s) of your house.
- should be located in Sussex (or bordering counties, Kent and Hampshire)
- should not be listed or in a conservation area
- should be semi-detached or detached
- should be at most two storeys high
- should be facing south (between south-east and south-west)
- needs to be good condition and structurally sound
- must not have obstructions (chimney stacks, trees, neighbouring roofs etc.) that would cast a shade over the installed panels
- ought to be able to accommodate an aesthetic integration of solar panels (the panels should look good on your roof!)